From the Desk of Jeffrey Zeldman
Hi, I’m Jeffrey, and I’ve been designing websites since 1995.
I’ve seen fads and patterns come and go. But the truth of design has never changed. You want people to connect emotionally with your product or service. I can help you make that happen. It’s what I do.
Forging a real connection takes honest communication, empathy, and fairness. It also takes passion for the work. You’ll notice it the first time we sit down to discuss your project. And five years from now, when your site is still satisfying you and your toughest customers.
When you hire me, you also hire the smartest and most talented designers, coders, and strategists I know.
Your project is serious. We both know that. So look around. Talk to other agencies and studios. Then please talk to me. You’ll be glad you did.
P.S. Here are a few of the things I’ve done...
Co-founded a publishing company.
A Book Apart creates brief books for people who make websites. Our titles, such as “Responsive Web Design” and “Mobile First,” are legend.
Founded and since 1998 have published A List Apart, a journal of industry-changing insights. 3,340,024 readers, 5,126,066 sessions (2015)
Co-founded An Event Apart, a conference setting trends and predicting the future for over 10 years.
- Advertising Age
- Amnesty International USA
- Automattic (WordPress)
- Brighter Planet
- Club Mom
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- W.W. Norton & Company
- Warner Bros. Films
For your pleasure
- Jeffrey Zeldman: 20 years of Web Design and Community (VIDEO)
- Has Design Become Too Hard? – Jeffrey Zeldman in Communication Arts
- Jeffrey Zeldman on agency life, the changing web, and why he had to get back to his roots – Creative Boom
- User Defenders: Stay Enchanted with Jeffrey Zeldman (Part II)
- The Web Ahead, Episode 100: Designing the Web with Jeffrey Zeldman
- The Great Discontent’s Jeffrey Zeldman Interview
- Wikipedia’s Jeffrey Zeldman page
- Jeffrey Zeldman’s articles on A List Apart
- zeldman.com biography
- VR Gets Real with WebVR
- Jeffrey Zeldman Shares His Advice for Aspiring Freelance Web Designers
- What Comes Next is the Future (2016) (documentary by Matt Griffin)
- Color You Responsible by Justin Dauer, A List Apart Medium, December 21, 2016